Sunday, November 16, 2014

Scarf Wreath

This summer I painted my front door purple...not just any purple but kind of a Barney purple! My house is a medium denim blue color so it looks awesome together but it definitely calls for non-traditional Holiday decorating colors-a traditional red and green wreath was not going to cut it. I scoured Pinterest and pinned some ideas but I am really into a "use what I have" attitude right now so I was struggling to find anything suitable. I saw one idea that intrigued me-a woman took an old sweater and cut it up and wrapped it around a wreath form....hmmmmm......I didn't have any old sweaters( major closet purge last month) but I have a few scarves that I made during my crochet phase that are ridiculously long and hard to wear. I pulled out a brilliant turquoise one and a metal wreath form(the foam one is too thick once it's wrapped for between my doors), I simply wrapped the scarf around it,let the ends drape down and wired a few dollar store snowflakes onto the front so the scarf is still very usable someday. The color is perfect! 


No comments:

Post a Comment